Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lunatic, Liar or Lord

I know this is my second post today but I read this and felt I needed to share it.  It's short.

"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher.  he would either be a lunatic - on the level with a man who says he is a poached egg - or he would be the devil of hell.  You must take your choice.  Either this was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse.  You can shut Him up for a fool or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God.  But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher.  He has not left that open for us."  C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity.
 I think at some point we all struggle with confusion and doubt regarding some part of Jesus and God but, as I stated in an earlier post, mine is not whether He is God or that Christ was God in flesh but in the smaller things like, "does he really care that much?" or "does any of this matter?"  Regardless where the doubt and confusion lies the answer is always a strong and unwaivering "Yes!"  Yes He is God, Yes He cares and Yes it matters!

I pray that you do not struggle with this truth...but if you do I know that if you seek Him, you will find Him and He will meet you where you are and reveal Himself to you.

Much love and many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment