Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Quinoa Salad

So...this is not a cake post but I think you'll still want to read it.  Because (I know you're not supposed to start a sentence with that but this is my post not an english teacher's), it's about a delicious recipe...(see above title).  Yep!  Quinoa.  It's spoken KEEN-wah.  These are the two brands that I have purchased.
I don't remember the exact cost but it's around $3 a box.  The cooking instructions are very easy and when I say easy I mean EASY.  I could say it's as easy as rice but it took me a few tries to cook rice without scorching it so...yeah.  You dump the package in a pot cover with water.  I used to measure it the first couple of times but now I just dump and cover (with water).  Then, "just like rice", bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10-12 min or until water is absorbed.  I just turn it to low and leave it for about 15 or so, usually until I'm done chopping what I put in it.  "What do you put in it?" you ask?  Well, let me tell you! (images are not my own.)

While it's simmering I chop... a garlic clove, a coupe of tomatoes...
a cucumber (pretend there's a pic of chopped cucumber), purple onion,


a bunch of parsley and Feta!

Then you add Olive oil, salt, pepper and Lemon juice!  All to your taste!

That's it!  You can serve it warm or cold.  It will keep in the fridge and is a great afternoon snack!  Enjoy!

As always...God bless, leave some love and thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment