Thursday, January 14, 2010

Moussaka

Hello again friends!  I know the dust is still settling from my recent post just a couple days ago but I promise to keep this nice and sweet, seeing as I've got to get busy!

MOUSSAKA!  No, not Mufasa from the famed tragic yet inspiring Lion King where Simba is lead to believe he's to blame for his father's death then courageously overcomes every obstacle to take his rightful place as king!

No, my friends, Moussaka is one of Greece's most famous dishes that uses a delicious minced meat (preferably lamb) mixture layered over grilled or fried slices of eggplant, filled with a rich delectable sauce, topped with cheese and baked.  This is Heaven, dear ones, pure heaven!

But not only will I attempt this incredible dish for the first time, I will also try my hand at some fresh pita bread to dip in homemade hummous, a fresh Greek salad sans olives and round that out with a non-Greek dessert of cherry-cream cheese pie.  And when all of this is completed I must make sure the house is clean enough to meet with a potential customer for childcare tomorrow morning!

"Too much!", you say?  Probably, but I love it!  I love creating with my hands and seeing my family enjoy it!  It makes me feel like I have accomplished something great in my life!  Wish me luck and I'll try to post pics of the results when I can.

Kali oreksi! (Enjoy your meal!)

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, that sounds DELICIOUS!

    I think you need to let ME write the "about me" section of your blog because you are far too modest about yourself.

    ReplyDelete