Saturday, April 16, 2011

Free For All Friday

Alrighty people, today I'm gonna be all over the place!  Hence, "Free For All Friday".  I have a lot things I'd like to share so I'll do my best to get my thoughts across without rambling too much.

First, I'd like to introduce you all to a friend of mine, Lauren Giles.  She's one of those gals that I've known for awhile but there was a long hiatus when "life" happened, we lost touch and then BAM! facebook happened and we're in touch again!  Sigh...don't you love FB for that!  She has a pretty amazing blog and you can check her out here, TeamGiles.  How pretty is this little lady!  She is a runner and pursues a healthy lifestyle...I think you'll LOVE her!

Now after reading one of Lauren's recent posts she inspired me to try and tackle something that's been on my mind for quite awhile...painting the laundry room!  What a great idea to make a gloomy room a happy room!  And I think Lauren did a great job on hers...check it out!  How chic!  I'm thinking of trying a yellow, orange or bluish color then stencil a large peony or something like that.  Leave me a comment and tell me what you think.

How's that for not rambling?  Short and to the point, right?

Okay, so this morning I did my usual 5K run.  By usual I mean what I've been doing 3 days a week for the past 3 weeks.  I have been improving, which is always a plus but this week I had the privilege of running with my best friend as my coach...my sweetheart, Rick.  He ran with me on Monday and Wednesday but today he had a meeting so I was on my own.  I didn't do as good BUT I still did it...well.  See...
Just 2 days ago I ran this in just over 30min putting me at about a 9:50 pace or so.  Having Rick there to pace me and say ok let's push it for 1 min obviously helped.  I run with my "Great Weimer", Demi, who happens to be a great 10min/mi pacer.  She stays pretty steady so when she starts getting ahead of me I know that I'm slowing down...no good.  But she doesn't push me to go faster either which doesn't help.  I guess I'll keep on keeping on and try to "push me myself" when Rick's not with me. ;-)

Last thing I'd like to post about is Natalia's Cake Creations.  I had the honor of doing the desserts for a church's 4 yr anniversary a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it turned out rather nice!
I think the church did a great job on decorating the table.  I supplied about 7 dozen cupcakes, about 6 dozen mini cupcakes and a 6" cake for the centerpiece.  The name and logo are hand cut/painted and the 4 on top was made with fondant.  The flavors were chocolate, vanilla and red velvet.  From the comments received, everyone seemed to love them!  Wheww!  It's always nerve-wracking for me to let others critic my work...especially when it's something that's going into their body!  Is that weird?

This coming Wednesday I have a cake to make for an adoption celebration which is called a "Happy Gotcha Day"!  I'm really excited about it and can't wait to show you pictures of it!  Then, I'll have a 60th birthday cake for twin brothers AND my first castle cake next month for a sweet baby turning one!  So keep an eye out for more posts and pics on those later!

As always, drop me a comment, God bless and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment