Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"Mission Cakes"

So here's the deal...I love to make cakes!  I love to see your expressions when you see them and love hearing all the great things you have to say about them.  So what DON'T I like, aside form the clean-up, charging and coming up with pricing that covers my cost, is competitive but not extravagant and MAYBE makes me some profit (that's a big maybe).  "So what?" you may ask.

Well, once I realized what I was capable of creating I began to think how sad it is that most of today's children will fall victim to the redundant, boring, not to mention the not so great taste of commercially made grocery store cake.  I feel every child should have the opportunity to be blown away by a cake that was made specifically for them from start to finish!  If you have ever seen the face of a child when they saw their cake that has a sugar made rocket ship on top of their outer space, confetti cake with their name, 3D birthday age and stars popping out of the cake, you would know exactly what I'm talking about!  Their eyes are fixed, bulging, and twinkling with amazement!  Their mouth is dropped open in awe!  They let out a tickled, giggly, squeal of excitement and exclaim at the top of their voices how cool it is!  Oh, and I can't forget how absolutely delicious they taste (toot! toot!)!  I absolutely love it and I never get tired of it.

So my dilemma is this; how do I provide these kind of cakes for people and not have to worry about cost, being paid, overhead and still make a living?

There's this beautiful thing called  "Non-Profit".  I have been praying and talking with my husband about what's been placed on my heart and we both feel that it is totally possible to do something like this.  I also feel that I can honor the Lord through it.  I know some may read this or hear my idea and think that there are bigger needs out there...there are more important things to put your efforts towards than giving away free cakes.  Well, that may be true but I also believe that we have all been given certain gifts.  For some that's building homes, others feeding the hungry, assisting the abused, preaching, fostering children, etc...  As for me I feel I have a couple of things that I'm good at, one of them being making cakes!  I know that if I do this as unto the Lord, put my heart and soul into each cake that I make then I can honor Him and glorify Him in this manner and He will be pleased with me.

This is where you come in!  Once I get this organization up and running, "Mission Cakes", like any other non-profit will have to be sustained through giving.  I'm not sure, at this point, how long it will be until we are ready to launch but I pray that you would seek the Lord and see if he lays it on your heart to be a "Mission Cakes" supporter.

I will post updates on any headway we make and I guarantee you guys will be one of the first to know when we have the green light!  Thank you so much for taking the time to read this as this may be the most important one I ever write!  Be blessed, be inspired, be encouraged, be hopeful and trust in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment