Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Man

I wanted to post a few pictures that I haven't had a chance to get to because of all the craziness going on in our lives...and from the looks of Facebook it seems to be that way for a lot of us right now!

Recently, last month, my better half celebrated another year of life!
Yeah, I know.  He may look scary but he really is a big sweetheart! ;-)  My son's LOVE birthday cakes and, like most kids, like to blow out the candles as well.  As you can see, Corban is mesmerized by the candle flames.

The cake was actually extra layers from a previous order and so I used them to make his cake.  I know, I'm a bad wife.  It was all I had time to do.  Definitely not my best work.

Time to blow out the candles!  As you can see, Casey, in the back, is not close enough to do any damage but he still gets into the spirit by puckering up!  Love my lil' Mogli!  He is so much like both of us.  Corban is always "at the ready" to blow out them candles whether it's his party or not!  We are trying to teach him a bit of candle blowing etiquette, I promise, but since this was daddy's it's ok.


Okay, you've seen the pictures so now let me share a bit about my man.  He is and always will be the most incredible man I have ever met!  Was it luck that I got married to such a wonderful?  Absolutely NOT!  God's hand was on our relationship from the very beginning!  He was the man that I had prayed for all those years growing up.  God was preparing him, as He was preparing me, to receive one another when He finally did bring us together some 14 yrs ago.  I know I probably sound like some fruity, nutty, hopeless romantic cheesehead but I cannot express enough how much this man means to me.  He IS my other half.  He completes me.  I can't imagine myself without him.  Does that mean our life is a bed of roses?  We never fight? Never disagree?  Don't, at times, NOT like each other?  No.  We deal with all the same junk, trials, hardships and disappointments.  But it also means that we share in each others victories, aspirations, dreams,  triumphs and blessings.  The best part is that we don't have to go through any of it alone.  I wouldn't change that for the world.  I thank God for the time that he's been in my life and for the many years I will yet have with him.  Rick, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment