Friday, October 1, 2010

Random Randomness

Well, hello everyone!  It's been a while since I've posted.  To be honest I got a bit frustrated with trying to come up with something and then when I did I didn't have the time!  Se la vi!

So, today I'm just going to share a few very random thoughts with you.  And I mean RANDOM folks!  You'll probably be asking, "where did you pull that from?" Wouldn't you like to know.

Anyhow, first I'd like to share a little gem with you that my husband got me hooked on a few months back.  Drum roll please...

COCONUT WATER!!!!

It is pretty amazing stuff, this Coconut water.  Pictured above is the Goya brand, which also happens to be the cheapest at a whopping 17.6 fl oz for $0.97!!!  Yes, folks, you heard that right.  $.97!  There are other good brands line O.N.E. and Vita Coco but they cost at least twice as much for almost half the volume.

...I wonder if Goya will send me free Coconut water for this free marketing I'm giving them?...

Here are a few benefits of consuming Coconut Water-

-Low in Carbs
-99% Fat Free
-Low in sugars
-Contains 15x more potassium than a banana

...and a few more...

Coconut water contains organic compounds possessing healthy growth promoting properties that
have been known to help
1. Keep the body cool and at the proper temperature.
2. Orally re-hydrate your body, it is an all natural isotonic beverage.
3. Carry nutrients and oxygen to cells.
4. Naturally replenish your body's fluids after exercising.
5. Raise your metabolism.
6. Promote weight loss.
7. Boost your immune system.
8. Detoxify and fight viruses.
9. Cleanse your digestive tract.
10. Control diabetes.
11. Aid your body in fighting viruses that cause the flu, herpes, and AIDS.
12. Balance your PH and reduce risk of cancer.
13. Treat kidney and urethral stones.
14. Boost poor circulation.

So drink up everyone!  There is much to be had from Coconut Water!


My next random thought actually ties to my drinking more Coconut water so it's probably not as random as I'd hoped.

I've started "running".  Running being a very loose term as I don't do it as consistently as I'd like but am really trying.

...As you probably know we have 3 dogs, a Miniature Schnauzer, Shadow.  He loves to play soccer and the harmonica.

Demi, our Great Weimer, as we like to call her (she's mixed but shhhh, don't tell her), loves to act silly and play with her bunny.
...and our newest addition to the family, Rachmaninoff or "Rock", a Great Dane who is the still a wee pup at about 11 months.  He loves to take long walks and lounge around.

"What do your dogs have to do with you running?" you may ask.  Well, they help motivate me to run because if I don't get them out at least 3 times a week they start going bonkers on me!  So, about 3 times a week I take Rock and Demi on a 3 miler or so and then when I get back I take shadow out for a few minutes just so he doesn't feel left out.

My husband has signed me up for the Susan G Komen, Race for the Cure tomorrow but since we'll have the boys I'll only be able to do the family K walk.  Oh well, there's always another race.

Okay, if you've read this far, I thank you.  For my final random thought I am choosing cookies!  See how I did that?  From Coconut water to running to cookies!  That's pretty random, huh?  Boom!  That just happened!

So, the other day...Tuesday I think...the cooler weather was really making me feel good and I decided to do some baking!  I've never really been a sugar cookie fan but figured I'd try my hand at decorating a few since I had some leftover icings.

I used the recipe found on this post by Bakeat350.  She's a sugar cookie expert here in The Woodlands so I knew she wouldn't let me down.  I was right!  These cookies came out great!  I already had some pumpkin cookie cutters so I used those and made some circles just to use up the extra dough.  This is what I came up with!  I think they turned out pretty cute, not to mention delicious!
 For the orange icing I had leftover cream cheese icing that I tinted orange.  The I piped Royal icing, tinted green, to make the stem and curly twigs.  The round ones I iced with white royal icing and added the green on top.

I was on such a roll that I decided to make my absolutely scrumptious ChocoPeanutbutter Oatmeal cookies too!

The recipe for these I stole from the back of my Imperial brand Brown Sugar bag then tweeked it to make it good!

ChocoPeanutButter Oatmeal Cookies

Cream together:

1 stick butter
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
1 egg


Then add:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt


Fold in:
1 package (12 oz) chocolate chips
1 1/3 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup of oatmeal
2 Tbl of Peanut butter

Bake approximately 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees on an parchment covered baking sheet or until edges brown.



Until next time...drink coconut water, go for a run and eat cookies!  Happy Fall ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment