Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Car Cake

I'm gonna leave you with a short post today about the car cake that I made last weekend for an MBA Grad.

This is the first car cake I have done and let me just be honest with you...I learned A LOT!  It didn't come out exactly how I wanted and I had some support issues with the back end.  To put it plainly this was "supposed" to be a Corvette cake but because I had trouble with some of the body styling...curves, lines and what not, it's just a car cake...with a Corvette emblem.  Go easy on me but I would appreciate some creative criticism.

The cake itself was chocolate with vanilla buttercream and everyone actually seemed to really enjoy eating it.  If you took pictures at the event of the cake and don't mind sharing them with me I'd really appreciate it!

This cake weighed about 70 pounds so it was difficult for me to move it to a more suitable backdrop for pictures.  I just had to take it on my counter. :-)  It ended up being 24" long, 10" wide and 8"high.  A BIG cake!

The front.

The back.

It turned out lumpier than I wanted.  It was just a difficult first time cake overall.  I was glad to have the opportunity and the customer seemed super happy with it!  So there you have it.  

As always, God bless, leave some love and thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. I loved it!! It was an amazing cake! I think that cake served waaaayyy more than 50 though!! We served up huge pieces of cake, and still half a car was left. The taste was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete