Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Our Crazy Summer...

I realize I haven't posted in a while.  But I'm not apologizing because I told you this would happen.  So here I am again to catch you up on what's been going on in my neck of the woods.

First let's start with the kiddo's summer.  To put it plainly, this has been a LONG summer!!!!!!!!!!!  I am ecstatic (and that hardly expresses my inner emotions) that they are back in school...WOOOHOOO!!!!!!

I mean, I love my boys, you know I do, but for some reason this summer has been unexpectedly overwhelming.  I think it might have a bit to do with the drought situation.  It just worsens the extreme temps and if you are not IN the pool it's not very enjoyable and, really, there are just so many days you can spend at the pool!  The other days are spent trying to occupy the boys at home with new books or movies on Netflix,  playing outside with friends when it's bearable, drawing, playing video games (that I insist on limiting), and pretty much trying to keep each other from killing one another and me from pulling all of my hair out!  Whew!  Like I said, It's been one tough summer!

So what else have we done during these long, hot days?  Pretty much nothing until a couple weeks ago when we got to borrow a friends condo in Galveston to hang out at for a few days.  It was a MUCH needed change of scenery and pace!
Ahhh!  That's more like it!

This too!  I could get used to this!

We went to the beach...everyday!

For 3 days!
We ate out.
We ate in. Keeping it easy of course!
We got dessert!
We rode the ferry.  Which the boys loved and we even saw a few porpoises.
We visited the Train Museum.  Corban's and my favorite!
We had a great time and made some memories!  We will definitely be doing this again...soon.

So now "we're" back in school and all is right with the world again.  My youngest is going full-time this year as well so that means I have the majority of the days to myself now.  I wish I could say that I now have "free" time but I'm far from it!  I have a house to try and clean and organize from the summer chaos, cakes to make, I'm PTO Secretary this year, assisting with school/class activities, helping hubby with The Woodlands Marathon, training for a couple of races AND organizing events for my church's women's group!  So amidst these responsibilities I hope to occasionally grab lunch with a friend, get a pedicure, do a bit of window shopping and maybe real shopping, catch a movie with my free tickets that I won and just have some chill time!

How about you?  What did you do to keep your sanity, make memories or pass time?  Are glad school is starting or does it throw a kink in schedule?  I'd love to hear from you guys!

As always...God Bless, leave some love and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment