Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What's new cupcake?

Good morning everyone!

I hope you are all doing well today.  I wanted to touch base with all of my wonderfully supportive fans and let you know to come check out my blog!  I've done some serious updating the past few days and I'd love to hear what you think about what I've added.  There will be more updating over the next week or two and some "pages" are in the in between stages.

I know that I mentioned before that I would be having a website up soon and I promise that is still in the works.  It's just taking a bit longer than I anticipated.  So, until it's up come check out my blog and stay plugged in with what's going on.

Before I leave you here are a couple pictures from the Cook-off I took part in on Fourth of July.  This is the cook-off where I was lucky enough to win 1st place dessert for the second year in a row and let me tell you the competition definitely raised the bar this year!  There were so many wonderful desserts!  We had such a great time...I ate some of the best brisket, fajitas, chicken and ribs around!  For those of you that didn't catch my prize winning recipe from my other post I've included it again...

This is from 2 batches...about 60 cookies.  I use a small ice cream scoop.

Don't they look incredible!  Round and crisp on the outside with a soft chewy center.

My youngest saw them bring out the trophies and demanded that he get one...I told him that you had to cook something to win.  So he said he wanted to cook something! (sigh) I said that if I won he could have my trophy...

Boy was he excited!

Since they were all gone by the time we left I came home and made more!  What goes best with warm chocolate chip cookies?

An ice cold glass of milk, of course!

I've called these cookies many things since I've started making them but whatever you call them they're just as delicious and will be a hit with everyone!  Even those who claim to NOT like chocolate chip cookies!  What?  Yeah.

My Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (whatever you want to call it)

Cream together:

1 stick butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
1 egg

Then add:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Fold in:
12 oz chocolate chips ( you can divide this between whatever chips you like or just add a bit more)
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup of oatmeal
2-3 Tbl of Peanut butter (back off your sugar if you use one high in sugar) 

Bake approximately 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees on an parchment covered baking sheet or until edges brown.  Middle might seem a bit undercooked.  It will firm up after they sit for a few minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment