Friday, August 31, 2012

All My Happy Endings, Guest Blogger!!

Well, if you've been following along you would know that I was a guest blogger over at All My Happy Endings, hosted by Mandi.  Today she is happily returning the favor for me!!

On the post I did for her I gushed all about her.  She also gushed all about me.  Well, she kind of does that again (thank you) with this post.  I'll save you all the other sappy things I could say about her and just tell you that she is a very sweet person and you should get to know her.  I'd like to know her more myself.

Without further ado, here she is, the one and only, unmistakable, MANDI!!!!!!

"APPLAUSE"


My name is Mandi and I blog over on All My Happy Endings.  Natalia invited me (yes ME!) to guest blog on Natalia’s Cake Creations and my heart fluttered. Goosebumps. All. Over. My. Body. You see, she’s someone I greatly respect in so many ways. Natalia is a phenom baker (we all know that), but she is also a stay-at-home-mom (and we all know this too). But that, right there, in itself, is a much more demanding job than the rest of us attempt outside the home. All the while, exuding a loving spirit, something I call the Christian walk…’put life before money, people before things, and actions before reactions.’ This is Natalia. I’m fortunate to be surrounded by countless amazing people who aren’t necessarily my closest chums, but their examples really have an impact on my life!
With that, thank you for having me as a guest. I have no interesting business or skill to advertise, so I’m not going to try and sell you on anything. I’m simply a blogger who writes because it’s something I enjoy doing. I’m not a poetic author. I don’t hypnotize anyone with my prose. I’m pretty much bare bones. There's not much here on my blog that constitutes artistry.  No flowing of words trance you with their splendor.

Nope.

I tell stories. About me. About my life. About being a mother. A wife. A friend. A working woman. A voter. A product consumer. A wannabe photographer.
Ah ha… [I wasn’t quite sure where I was going to go with this post]…speaking of photography, Instagram is my new found obsession. I've always loved photography but I've never been patient enough to learn how to use Lightroom or PhotoShop, so only lately have I become proud of my photos.
 
  

You don't need to know anything about shutter speed or apertures or whatever other fancy camera terms you can come up with because so much can be edited after the fact. You can crop your photos and edit them with different tints and hues. You can turn a relatively simple and plain photo into something beautiful and interesting. Photo editing is my new favorite waiting-in-line activity. Basically, it’s replaced Angry Birds.

   

Actually, I’ve been using Instagram for quite a while now, but it was a private account and it was mostly for personal use, personal memories. Once in a while I manually share an Instagram picture here on my blog or Facebook + twitter. But finally (FINALLY!) I’ve set up an account for the purpose of social media.

I would love for you to follow me on Instagram. Anyone is invited. My username is mandi411.

 
 
If you’ve only heard about Instagram but you’re not really familiar with what it’s about, I love this snippet from their website: Instagram is a fun and quirky way to share your life with friends through a series of pictures. Snap a photo with your mobile phone, then choose a filter to transform the image into a memory to keep around forever. We’re building Instagram to allow you to experience moments in your friends’ lives through pictures as they happen. We imagine a world more connected through photos.

Indeed. I, too, imagine a world more connected through photos.  

 

Did you know that you can Instagram (yes, I’m using it as a verb) photos that aren’t necessarily taken on your iPhone? True story. I figured this out accidentally a few months ago and it’s just one of those things you iPhoneographers must know! You can get any image from your computer to your phone with syncing … or you can email the image to yourself then save the image to your photo library and there it is! All ready to be instagrammed.  : )

PS: The baby is actually NOT my most favored child, but he is the one who doesn’t have much opinion about whether or not he is photographed and uploaded to social networking sites with startling regularity.

No comments:

Post a Comment