Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gluten Free Chocolate Cake

Lookie what I found when I was perusing through my older posts!  A draft of a post that I never finished from October of 2011!!  So now all you guys get an extra post today!  Yippee!!!!



Howdy friends!  I get quite a few requests for gluten free stuff but I'll have to admit I'm not an expert on the subject and I'm learning as I go.  I have recently, meaning about 3 months ago, stumbled upon an incredible recipe for a chocolate cake that is "Gluten-Free"!  You can find the original recipe here.

I was in need of a dessert for a ladies' get together that I hosted back in August and knew that a couple of the ladies are on gluten-free diets.  So, I began my search for a chocolate cake with no flour.  I found more than I realized were out there but few of them pulled at my chocolate heartstrings and still more just seemed like the same recipe by someone else.  So.  I had to whittle down my choices and decided to try the one I now use as my go-to gluten-free chocolate cake.  The ingredient list was simple and the instructions seemed fairly easy.  So off I went to create this dessert.

Sugar, salt, water, butter, eggs & CHOCOLATE!  Simple right?

You'll want to preheat the oven to 300 degrees and prepare a springform pan of 9" or 10" with parchment.

Dissolve the sugar and salt in the water over medium heat.  Set aside.

 Melt the chocolate over a simmering pot of water (double boiler) until melted.

Nice and smooth.

Begin adding the butter 1 tablespoon at a time.  It might look dry at first but it will get nice and glossy.

Then add the sugar syrup and incorporate.

Now you will add the eggs one at a time until incorporated.

Pour it in your prepared pan.  See how I left the parchment hanging out.  You can cover the inside completely if you want.

Tap out any air bubble and even out batter.

Bake at 300 for about 45 min.  The center will not be set and will be "jiggly".  I put mine in another pan just in case of leakage.  I've not had it leak yet though.

Then...Tada!  It's done but it needs to finish setting and cooling in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.

The finished product.  Topped with fresh whipped cream and raspberries.


Here's what the inside looks like.  It's a fudgey, cakey, gooey deliciousness!  Not sure why there's tabasco in the background.  I know we did not put tabasco on this heavenly dessert!



...and that's all she wrote.

As always...be blessed, thanks for stopping by and leave some love!



No comments:

Post a Comment