Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Red Faced Runners

Hello again!  So Soon?  Well, I have something very special to share with you all and I know that you are not going to want to miss out on all the fun!

I've signed up with Red Faced Runners.


It is a group of ladies that are taking on a challenge to run 5k. Simple right?  There is even a link on their blog post to a training plan to run 5k.

These are women from all walks of life and all over who want to improve their lifestyle, become more healthy and look awesome doing it!  What better way to achieve that than wonder woman socks?  I already checked and they run about $10-$15.  I'm totally getting a pair!

Now, I've been running for awhile.  You can read a bit about my running life from a few of my previous posts...3 miles where are you?Overwhelmed, & Free For All Friday.  So it's not something new to me but I will say that it has been a challenge to be consistent and to up my mileage when I'm running into things like shin splints, crazy schedules, laziness and just plain ol' unmotivatedness (I'm sure that's a word).  Did you think I was actually running into things?  Who runs into shin splints or laziness silly?  Anywho, I need to find "my rhythm"...and I think that this group will help me with that in a huge way.  You have a greater chance of accomplishing something when you have a goal in mind...a vision..."my people perish for lack of vision",  right?  I certainly don't plan on perishing anytime soon!  Bring on the vision!

So, to put it in a nutshell and I quote, "We challenge you to move your bodies and join in on our journey by running your way towards a 5k race in your hometown on the weekend of September 8th." from the Red Faced Runners blog.

I challenge you too!  Dust the cake flour off your tennies, trade in your apron for a some comfy running clothes (and don't forget a good sports bra, you don't want your girls getting out of hand...and in your face) and take to the pathways, streets or treadmill!  We are women!  We deserve to be healthy!  We can do it!  GooooOOOOO TEAM! :-)

Head on over to their blog and register, like their fb page and let me know how you're doing!  I'll post some 5k runs in my area soon if you live close and need one to run.  

As always, be blessed, thanks for stopping by and leave some love!


1 comment:

  1. I accidentally deleted this post when I was trying to publish it! Sorry Sarah! You can repost it yourself if you'd like.

    Sarah @ Will Run for Pasta has left a new comment on your post "Red Faced Runners":

    I joined and am so excited about it! I keep going back to see who else has signed up which is how I found your blog, and that chocolate cake up above looks amazing! I'm getting back into running and totally feel like this is just what I needed right now to keep me motivated and progressing. Good luck to you! Let's do this thing :)

    ReplyDelete